Just because summer is nearly over, doesn't mean you can't enjoy the fall without the pricey vacation. Here are 5 tips for family staycations this fall.
While opting for a "staycation" can be a great way to save some money, for many people, the idea conjures up emotions of disappointment and regret. But don't worry: If the thought of another boring summer staycation makes you cringe, there are plenty of unique ideas for enjoying time off with the family without leaving home or breaking your budget. Here are 5 Fall staycations for the entire family.
- Rediscover your city: Visit the museum or state parks. Cool museum exhibits expose kids to culture, art, history and science outside of the classroom. State parks are a good place to go if you're looking to hike, bike or simply enjoy an afternoon picnic. You can visit your local tourism office for ideas on cheap, family fun.
- Go Apple Picking: Fill up a bushel of crunchy, ripe apples perfect for apple pie or homemade applesauce from local orchards.
- Choose your Halloween Pumpkin: Pick the best pumpkin in the patch for decorating and pumpkin-carving.
- Visit a Water Park: Enjoy a day at an indoor water park or indoor pool without sunscreen and tan lines
- Plan a Movie Night: A small screen event is the perfect occasion for a no-fuss dinner party with family.
Why not enjoy this fall?
Book your vacation with us today.