Traveling is a pain, period. However, it doesn't always have to be a challenge. Here are 5 tips to travelling lighter, even if you are with family.
It's time to vacation and the whole family will be coming, Oh Joy! If you're already thinking about lugging around all that baggage through airports and across busy hotel lobbies while trying to hold onto your children with the only available pinky finger you have left, stop right there! Travelling doesn't have to be stressful. Here are a few ways to travel much lighter.
- Don't check a bag unless absolutely necessary: This is obvious, but it's such a good point that it warrants reiterating. To travel fast and light, only take what can fit in a carry-on and personal item. Consider also that the more bags you check, the more it's going to cost.
- Mix and match: Choose clothing that can be used several different ways, so you don't have to bring an extra outfit for each day.
- Do laundry: You can wash your clothing at any available laundromat, or use your hotels laundering facilities; there's no need to bring a suit for each day.
- Bundle your clothes: This handy wrap-style packing method helps you to get the most of your luggage space. Instead of folding items flat, roll them into cylinders to get more in one bag.
- Leave the toys behind: Don't take the whole toy bag, just take one of your child's favourite toys.
With these strategies, you will be travelling much lighter on your next trip and no need to worry much about the TSA hassles.