New York is one of the busiest cities in the world. It is understandable why New Yorkers would find it appealing to look for winter vacation hotspots that are near the city yet far enough for them to take a break from the usual daily grind. Here are 5 winter vacation hotspots which New Yorkers love and appreciate.
- Plattekill Mountain, New York. Located in the heart of the Western Catskills, Plattekill Mountain Resort is about three hours away from the city. This is where the entire family can enjoy snowboarding, skiing and snowtubing. It features a number of trails and tubing hills,
- Lake Placid, New York. A popular winter vacation spot for New Yorkers, Lake Placid is about a five hour drive from the city. You can visit the village at any time of the year and still have your hands full of activities to enjoy. Do not miss visiting the Olympic Ski Jump Complex where you can enjoy the views of Adirondack High Peaks, and watch winter sports athletes train.
- Howe Caverns, New York. A three-hour drive from the city will take you to Howe Caverns which offers a different adventure to experience. It offers a number of tour packages including a boat ride tour and a flashlight tour in the cavern
- Smugglers Notch, Vermont. The drive might take 6 hours but Smugglers Notch is worth it! It is an award winning resort which features three interconnected mountains. It caters to everyone in the family including toddlers! Enjoy numerous activities such as ice skating, snowshoeing, tube sliding, snowmobile touring, sleigh-rides, daily bonfires, and family games nights.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania. Feel like a kid again in Hershey, the “Chocolate Town” of the country. It is only a three-hour drive from the city. Visit the Hershey factory, enjoy the rides at the Hershey Park and indulge in one of the most popular chocolates in the world!
New Yorkers love taking quick breaks, and these are 5 winter vacations hot spots where they usually unwind and relax. Take it from a New Yorker, these places are awesome! Consult your travel agent for more details.