Gelato for them. Chianti for you. Perfection for everyone.
6 Days / 5 Nights
Florence to Florence
With lush rolling hills, medieval towns and nary a costumed character for miles, Tuscany is our kind of theme park. Explore hilltop towns that have stood watch since the Middle Ages. Bike the famed Crete Senesi along carefully-selected routes suitable for all ages, stay at top-notch hotels that welcome rather than just tolerate children. Take part in hands-on pasta making workshops and sample Chianti with an expert (that last one is, of course, just for the folks). Welcome to the Italy of your dreams.
*The activities on our Tuscany Family Biking trip are recommended for children age 12 years and older.
Trip designed by Travel Expert Courtney Mundy
Day by Day
Ride through the Val di Chiana and enjoy a wine tasting at the Tre Rose estate. Adults embark on a ride through the rolling hills and the kids take the shortcut to the hotel for an afternoon swim.
Bike to Sanguineto, home of Attila the Hun’s famous battle against the Romans and enjoy lunch at Mamma Dina’s home, sampling some of her to-die-for homemade pasta! Spend the afternoon in the waters of Lago Trasimeno.
Pedal across quiet country roads lined with sunflowers towards the Lungarella family’s country house for lunch. Kids stop by Pienza for a gelato tasting, while parents tackle the famed rolling hills of Tuscany.
Bike to a noble home for a taste of their homemade prosciutto and a dip in their pool. Early evening the kids will rendezvous for a round of bocce will adults regroup for a tasty lesson on Tuscany's famed reds.
Embark on our final ride towards our friend Mauro and Marta's agriturismo, a working farm and winery. Go truffle-hunting before enjoying some fantastic home cooking.
After breakfast at the hotel, we drive to Florence where we say our goodbyes at the train station. Buon Viaggio!
What’s included? Everything you need. Plus everything you’d want. Plus a few things you never knew you wanted ‘til you got them.
In a word: everything. In ninety words? Signature B&R guides; local experts; unique, unforgettable biking and walking routes; private tours; authentic local cuisine; lessons and demonstrations; local artisanal wines; wine tastings; all victuals and libations; all the endorphins you can handle; new insight; interesting, fun and like-minded travel companions; a feeling of total freedom. In short: an extraordinary, hassle-free journey of discovery.
- All hotel accommodation
- All breakfasts, five lunches, four kids’ dinners, four adult dinners including wine
- All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
- Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
- All special events, private tours, guest experts and entrance fees
- Kids’ afternoon and evening supervised activities
- Services of B&R guides and support vans
- Use of a customized hybrid or a racing bike with drop bars, equipped with handlebar bag and helmet
- All baggage transportation
- Children’s equipment, including tandems, helmets and bikes (Please note: parents wishing to pull a tandem must use a hybrid bike)
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
- Downloadable GPS routes, provided via RideWithGPS (app available for Apple or Android)