Once a private club that attracted the 1940’s socialites such as the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, the resort has evolved to become a famous retreat for the celebrities.
Sometimes nature seems to show off its ability to regenerate and give rise to beautiful physical features. In particular, the 700 Bahamian islands are nothing short of majestic. Amidst this natural beauty lies the grandest Caribbean Resort – Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort. Once a private club that attracted the 1940’s socialites such as the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, the resort has evolved to become a famous retreat for the celebrities.
The Royal Bahamian Resort offers a 2-in-1 destination. You get to explore all the wonders of the Bahamas by staying at the resort. The resort has its own private offshore island that has variously been labeled as the ‘lover’s nest’ due to its amenities suited for romantic adventures. The island also features one of the best seafood restaurants in the region. Apart from the island, the resort also has the mainland that boasts aristocratic infrastructure that brings to fore the sophistication and extravagance of the European socialites of the past. The Roman Colonnaded pools and exotic fire pits notwithstanding, the resort is affordable to even the budget travellers.
The resort's accommodation is divided into 3 categories namely - Luxury Level Rooms, Club Level Rooms, and Butler Level Rooms. These categories are further classified according to the views they offer, the available space and the services that accrue to the guests that reside in them. Below are all the categories of rooms you will find at the Sandals Royal Bahamian:
- Windsor Beachfront One Bedroom Butler Royal Suite
- Windsor Oceanview One Bedroom Butler Royal Suite
- Balmoral Honeymoon Beachfront Penthouse Butler Suite
- Balmoral Beachfront Walkout Butler Suite
- Windsor Honeymoon Hideaway Swim Up Crystal Lagoon Zen One Bedroom Butler
- Windsor One Bedroom Butler Royal Suite
- Windsor Honeymoon Hideaway Swim Up Crystal Lagoon Zen Butler Suite
- Royal Village Honeymoon One Bedroom Butler Villa Suite
- Windsor Oceanview Club Level Suite
- Windsor Honeymoon Oceanview Club Level Suite
- Windsor Honeymoon Club Level Oversized Junior Suite
- Balmoral Honeymoon Oceanview Club Level Room
- Windsor Oceanview Grande Luxe Club Level Room
- Windsor Honeymoon Grande Luxe Oversized Club Level Room
- Royal Village Luxury
- Royal Village Honeymoon Deluxe
- Royal Village Deluxe
- Balmoral Beachfront Club Level Room
- Balmoral Poolside Walkout Club Level Room
- Balmoral Zen Garden Walkout Club Level Room
- Balmoral Oceanview Grande Luxe
- Balmoral Oceanview Luxury
- Balmoral Oceanview Premium
- Balmoral Honeymoon Room
- Balmoral Zen Garden Room
- Balmoral Premium
Note that the rooms are fitted with various amenities such as air conditioning, marble bathrooms, linen beddings, and lavish wooden furniture. Apart from the fittings, guests can expect maid services, 24 hour in-room service, butler services for the butler level rooms and club access privileges for those staying in club access level.
Guests at the resort will have unlimited fine dining in the 10 restaurants available within the resort. For award winning French cuisine, you are well advised to try Baccarat French Restaurant. It serves French delicacies such as Escargots Bourguignon, Le Canard Croustillant Rôti à L'orange, Crêpe Suzette etc.
To dine in elegant surroundings and have a taste of some international cuisine, you are well advised to try The Crystal Room. Here, you get to sample delicacies from far flung countries such as Italy, Greece, and USA etc. Among the guest's favorites are Linguine Mare Nostrum, Fettuccine Casanova and Zuppa del Giorno as well as the Italian all-times-best, the Pasta e Fagioli alla Veneta.
For outdoors dining, perhaps you should try Spices. Here you get to sample the best of Caribbean dishes such as Bahamian Seafood Chowder, Dominican Citrus - Tomato Salad, Red Pea Soup and Baccalau "Tartlets". Other popular restaurants at the resort include; Kimonos, Stew Fish, Royal Grill, The Cricketer's Pub, Gordon's Pier Restaurant and Bella Napoli Pizzeria.
In additiona to fine dining, guests will be able to request for candlelit dinners, have unlimited supply of Appleton Jamaica Rum and Beringer Wines as well as haunt the 8 full service bars and 3 swim-up pool bars.
If you have been looking for a nice hotel to host a conference or just staff training or team building, you could not have chosen a better place. The Sandals Royal Bahamian has state-of-the-art conferencing facilities that are suitable for meetings, galas, seminars or large conferences. The resort has 15 meeting locations on 6 different islands. The meeting facilities range from expansive ballrooms to intimate boardrooms. You just need to place your reservations and the rest will be taken care of by the professional event organizers at the resort.
For the fun loving holidaymakers, you will find this destination to be all that you had imagined it to be and some. The recreational activities at the resort are nothing short of amazing. The following are some of the recreational activities you can engage in at the resort:
- Candle lit Dining
- Bahamian tours
- Nightly entertainment such as carnival party, lovers’ night, white nights, art auctions talent shows, live bands etc.
- Fitness Exercise such as aerobics, aqua-fitness training, weightlifting, exercise bikes, treadmills etc.
- Land sports such as beach volleyball, tennis, table tennis, basketball, billiards etc.
- Spa experience at the Red Lane Spa
- Water sports such as kayaking, windsurfing, hobie cats riding, snorkeling etc.
- Unlimited Scuba Diving
- Offshore Island leisure such as secluded beach spots, visiting Zen Gardens, freshwater showers etc.
The Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort is simply the best holiday destination you have ever visited. It is classy and luxurious with understated elegance. Sounds amazing? Contact us today and we will get you packing.